The One with Crystal Liu


Monday, April 6, 2009

I am absolutely loving these square photographs of mostly sky by artist Crystal Liu. I found her on Artist a Day. I want high quality prints of them all and then I want to display them predominantly in my home. Something about the colors makes me think of drizzly days in Seattle - this is such a great way to turn those months without sunshine into something beautiful.

About Crystal: "Crystal Liu was the Gold Medal Award winner at Ontario College of Art and Design when she graduated with her BFA in 2003. She completed her MFA at the San Francisco Art Institute in 2005. Her photos hail from cities such as Toronto, San Francisco, Chicago and Glasgow. Landscapes float up into view with a delicate touch more akin to painting than photography. Their vastness and freedom allow viewers to surrender, re-imagine, or re-create them as personal reverie or memory. In the summer of 2005 she joined the Hosfelt Gallery in San Francisco."

Post a Comment

Paige Taylor Evans © // Quinn Creatives DESIGN