The One with Lyndsey's Book (and a Card)


Friday, June 11, 2010

My friend Lyndsey commissioned me to make a book for her baby boy - to be born in less than 4 weeks! How exciting :) I finally sat down last Sunday and made this gem for her:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
- The book is 5 x 7".
- I used different shades and varieties of blue cardstock, patterned paper, transparencies, and for the first time I tried using felt and tissue paper for the pages.
- The cover is made from blue striped seersucker fabric wrapped over binder's board.
- I used dark blue DMC embroidery floss to bind it all together.
- Total time to make: about 5 hours from start to finish.

Aaaand, just for good measure, I finally participated again in the CARDS blog post challenge that I have to make up every week. Here is my card featuring floral paper:
Photobucket
If Friends Were Flowers I'd Pick You
Card is 3.25" square

How to: Die cut 15 small ovals from different colors of floral paper. Trim off a little bit of one end of each oval. Fold the ovals in half then adhere them together side to side. Wrap the ovals into a circle and hot glue them onto a scrap of circle cardstock. Glue and press and arrange until the flower looks good. Hot glue the flower onto a turquoise card base. Adhere a large pink brad in the middle. Place tiny letter stickers around the flower to make a sentiment, leaving a small gap to place two leaves cut out from green cardstock.

Cardstock, patterned paper, brad, adhesive: American Crafts; Letter stickers: Making Memories; Scissors, paper cutter: Fiskars; Die cut machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft; Oval die: Nestabilities by Spellbinders; Other: Hot glue gun

9 comments

  1. oh you are so crafty! LOVE it!!!!! btw, I am sure you have seen the little button that says I'm so crafty I make people (maybe it's babies) anyhoo... I think you need it! And I hope someday I can have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book is phenomenal!! Can I get one in pink & orange? It'd be so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVEEEE the book. love it. can't wait to start filling it up. you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and p.s. that card is really cool too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome fabric choice for the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so insanely talented!!! i can barely participate in a conversation i'm so braindead with pregnancy... and here you are being crafty and creative as ever! i'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome book, Paige! And I love your card - very fun & pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey
    i have contacted you twice about buying instructions for making the books via your website that says I can order the instructions. I have not gotten any return would you please contact me and let me know if this is possible
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my!!
    You have a gorgeous blog! I love every detail!! So creative and full of colors!!
    Please como to see my work

    renatascrap.blogspot.com

    Beijos ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Paige Taylor Evans © // Quinn Creatives DESIGN