The One with Groupon


Sunday, February 6, 2011

I've taken lots of pictures of our weekend and have lots of posts lined up in my head, but it's getting late so I'm doing a cop-out of a post and blogging about something easy and amaza-zing that I'm sure I'm the last to know about: GROUPON!
Photobucket
Here's how I found out about it:

Me: Do you like Fatburger?
Dald: Malm and I went there on Thoisday night and it was good. We had a groupon.
Me: What's a groupon? (note: I just thought he was saying "coupon" funny cuz we say funny things in place of real words, so I wasn't even going to ask, but I'm glad I did!)
Dald: Oh, you gotta sign up for it. Every day you get a new deal. For instance, we got a $20 coupon to Fatburger for $10. We get stuff all the time. Signup at groupon.com. It's free.
Me: Spanks for the tip!!

A half hour later....

Dald: Did you see the groupon commercial a little while ago during the Super Bowl?
Me: No, darn, we just got home.... I just looked up groupon and today it's $20 for $40 worth of food at The Melting Pot! That's an uber good deal!
Dald: So far it's been good for us.
Me: Neeeaaatooo. Just what I need, to spend more money.......
Photobucket
Photobucket
But for reals, I'm excited about this! I'm all about good deals!

9 comments

  1. Groupon is awesome! Keep your eyes peeled for things that you like to do for date night that you can get a great deal on. We just had a Bikram yoga groupon a few days ago. 77% off for a month of yoga. It's worth it for a month of fun at a great price that you wouldn't normally be able to afford regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't know about groupon, :) There are some great deals! There was a bath and body works pay $15 get $30 off stuff last week.... I didn't see it in time. :) But fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Groupon too. A couple weeks ago I got a dental cleaning package 96% off. That's a $653 value for $29 including whitening, xrays, etc!! I thought it was a hoax, I couldn't believe it. The Melting Pot is romantic and quite the experience, but you can easily spend $100 there :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Groupon is awesome! Livingsocial (very similar to Groupon) has had some great deals lately, too... like a $20 Amazon gc for $10, and a $20 Barnes and Noble gc for $10. I've been a reader of your fun blog for awhile now, but saw your video on the Studio Calico blog and just wanted to say that you and Fox are both adorable :)Hope you both had fun at CHA, looks like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had never heard of groupon until Super Bowl...this was a timely post, I had already forgotten bout it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its funny you mention Groupon as I just used one today. I got $20 worth of stuff at Barnes and Nobles for $10. Groupon is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Groupon rocks my face off and it's gotten SOO much better since it started, it actually has different locations within LA now! You should also sign up for Living Social - just have 'em send you the daily e-mails so you don't have to log on everyday, just browse through your emails.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just signed up for yesteday because somebody wrote about it on FB. I must have missed the superbowl commercial about it. I love good deals!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i loooved the groupon super bowl commercial!
    too bad the town i live in doesnt have more/better deals.

    ReplyDelete

Paige Taylor Evans © // Quinn Creatives DESIGN